The UKM Vice-Chancellor Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program offered by Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) to outstanding students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievements, leadership potential, and a strong commitment to contribute to society. This note provides detailed information about the scholarship, including eligibility criteria, application process, benefits, and important dates.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Study in: Malaysia
- Program Period: Scholarship is offered for the entire period of the study.
- Deadline: July 14, 2022 (currently closed)
To be eligible for the UKM Vice-Chancellor Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Academic Excellence: Applicants must have a strong academic record, typically with a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.75 or its equivalent.
2. Leadership Potential: Applicants should have demonstrated leadership qualities and active involvement in extracurricular activities, such as clubs, societies, community service, or sports.
3. Contribution to Society: Applicants must showcase their commitment to making a positive impact on society through involvement in social or community projects.
4. Malaysian Citizenship: The scholarship is available to Malaysian citizens only.
5. Admission to UKM: Applicants must have received an offer of admission to a full-time undergraduate program at UKM.
The application process for the UKM Vice-Chancellor Scholarship involves the following steps:
1. Online Application: Applicants need to complete the online application form available on the UKM scholarship portal. They should provide accurate and detailed information regarding their academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and community involvement.
2. Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the required supporting documents, including academic transcripts, certificates, a personal statement, recommendation letters, and proof of leadership and community engagement.
3. Selection Process: The scholarship committee will review all applications and shortlist candidates based on the eligibility criteria. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview or further assessment.
4. Announcement of Results: Successful candidates will be notified of their selection for the scholarship via email or the scholarship portal. Unsuccessful candidates will also be informed.
5. Acceptance and Enrollment: Scholarship recipients must accept the offer within the stipulated timeframe and proceed with the enrollment process at UKM.
The UKM Vice-Chancellor Scholarship provides various benefits to its recipients, including:
1. Tuition Fee Waiver: The scholarship covers full or partial tuition fees for the duration of the undergraduate program, depending on the applicant’s academic performance and financial need.
2. Living Allowance: Recipients may receive a monthly living allowance to support their day-to-day expenses.
3. Book and Equipment Allowance: A one-time allowance may be provided to cover the cost of books and necessary equipment related to the program of study.
4. Research and Mobility Grants: Scholars may have access to additional funding for research projects, conferences, study abroad programs, or internships related to their field of study.
5. Mentorship and Networking Opportunities: Scholars will have the opportunity to engage with UKM faculty, industry professionals, and fellow scholars, enabling them to build valuable connections and enhance their personal and professional development.
Applicants should take note of the following important dates related to the UKM Vice-Chancellor Scholarship:
1. Application Period: The scholarship application period usually opens in the first quarter of the year. Applicants should check the official UKM scholarship portal for exact dates.
2. Application Deadline: The deadline for submitting scholarship applications is typically in the second quarter of the year. Late applications may not be considered.
3. Announcement of Results: The scholarship committee will announce the results within a few weeks after the application deadline.
4. Acceptance and Enrollment Deadline: Successful candidates must accept the scholarship offer and complete the enrollment process at UKM within the specified timeframe.
The UKM Vice-Chancellor Scholarship provides an excellent opportunity for academically exceptional and socially engaged Malaysian students