BIO101 Final Term Past Paper. Section A: Multiple Choice Questions about BIO101 FINAL TERM PAST PAPER
- Which of the following is not a property of water? a) High boiling point b) Low surface tension c) High heat capacity d) Universal solvent
- What is the function of the Golgi apparatus? a) Protein synthesis b) Lipid synthesis c) Transport of proteins d) Cell division
- What is the difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells? a) Prokaryotic cells have a nucleus, while eukaryotic cells do not. b) Eukaryotic cells have membrane-bound organelles, while prokaryotic cells do not. c) Prokaryotic cells are smaller than eukaryotic cells. d) Eukaryotic cells have a cell wall, while prokaryotic cells do not.
Section B: Short Answer Questions about BIO101 FINAL TERM PAST PAPER
- Explain the process of photosynthesis.
- What is the role of enzymes in biological reactions?
- Define mitosis and explain its stages.
Section C: Essay Questions
- Describe the structure and function of DNA.
- Explain the process of protein synthesis.
- Discuss the importance of homeostasis in living organisms.
Section D: Case Study
Read the following scenario and answer the questions that follow:
A group of scientists is studying a new plant species found in a remote jungle. The plant has a unique structure that allows it to store large amounts of water, making it an ideal candidate for drought-resistant crops. The scientists collect samples of the plant and begin conducting experiments.
- What is the potential benefit of the new plant species?
- What type of experiments should the scientists conduct to study the plant’s water storage mechanism?
- How might the discovery of this new plant species impact agriculture and food production in areas prone to drought?
Section E: Critical Thinking Questions
- Evaluate the role of genetics in the development of new crop varieties.
- Discuss the ethical considerations of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in agriculture.
- Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of monoculture farming versus poly culture farming.
We hope this past paper helps you prepare for your BIO101 final term exam. Good luck!
BIO101 FINAL TERM PAST PAPER
YOUR FILE WILL BE READY IN 90 SECONDS
Papers available on link above
See below past papers: