The AAUW (American Association of University Women) International Fellowship Program is a prestigious scholarship opportunity that supports women from around the world in pursuing higher education and research in the United States. The program aims to empower women through education, foster international understanding, and promote gender equality. This note provides an overview of the AAUW International Fellowship Program, its eligibility criteria, application process, and the benefits it offers to selected fellows.
- Level of Study: Masters, Doctoral, Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): The American Association of University Women
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: November 15, 2022
- Program Period: Fellowship year: July 1, 2023–June 30, 2024
I. Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for the AAUW International Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Citizenship: Applicants must hold citizenship or permanent residency in a country other than the United States.
2. Education: Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
3. Academic Standing: Applicants should demonstrate academic excellence and have a strong academic record.
4. Field of Study: The fellowship supports study or research in any field at an accredited U.S. institution.
5. Language Proficiency: Applicants must possess a good command of English to succeed in their academic pursuits.
II. Application Process:
The application process for the AAUW International Fellowship Program consists of the following steps:
1. Online Application: Applicants are required to submit their applications through the AAUW online portal, providing personal and academic information.
2. Academic Transcripts: Official transcripts from all previous academic institutions must be uploaded as part of the application.
3. Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required, highlighting the applicant’s academic achievements, potential, and suitability for the fellowship.
4. Proposed Plan of Study or Research: Applicants must provide a detailed plan outlining their study or research objectives during the fellowship period.
5. Language Proficiency Test: Applicants may be required to submit standardized English language proficiency test scores, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
6. Deadline: The application deadline typically falls in November, but it is essential to check the program’s official website for the most up-to-date information.
III. Benefits for Fellows:
Selected fellows of the AAUW International Fellowship Program receive the following benefits:
1. Financial Support: The fellowship provides funding for educational expenses, including tuition fees, living expenses, books, and travel.
2. Stipend: Fellows receive a stipend to support their daily living costs during the fellowship period.
3. Health Insurance: Comprehensive health insurance coverage is offered to ensure fellows’ well-being during their time in the United States.
4. Professional Development Opportunities: Fellows gain access to networking events, conferences, and workshops, enhancing their academic and professional growth.
5. Alumni Network: After completing the fellowship, fellows become part of a vast global network of AAUW alumni, fostering ongoing support and collaboration.
The AAUW International Fellowship Program presents an exceptional opportunity for women around the world to advance their education and careers. By providing financial support, professional development, and a vibrant community, the program empowers women to make significant contributions in their respective fields. For more detailed information about the program and its application process, please refer to the official AAUW website.